What gets a man ticking when it comes to watches? Just like how fine wine ages, males are often inclined to timepieces that showcase class and a hint of luxury. That explains the allure of the classic chronograph, especially for those who seek to subtly hint that their taste has matured. No more boisterous youth, but more refined gentleman.
However, research has shown that while a large number of young men are gravitating towards chronograph timepieces, not all are equipped with the sensibilities to operate the complication itself. In plain speak, a chronograph is simply a stopwatch or timer which utilises between one and three buttons to start, stop and reset without interfering with time telling. Pricier chronographs may record up to 12 hours at a go.
While there are many considerations to factor in when choosing a chronograph timepiece, one should thoroughly plan if the feature will be used extensively. Which is why the Aries Gold experts have chimed in with their take on what to look for, and how not to mistreat, your newest chronograph timepiece.
- Select a watch with high legibility
- Opt for luminous markings for low-light or night reading
- Pick a two or three pusher chronograph easy usage
- Ensure that your chronograph can record longer than you intend to
- Pick a chronograph that isn’t water and shock resistant for high outdoor usage
- Select chronographs with many other complex, challenging features
- Use the chronograph function as an alarm as it often functions without sound
- Wear a chronograph as a dress watch to black tie events
For a selection of our best-selling chronograph pieces, scroll below and get your suave on.