Towards a Future of Good
Innovative developments in the watchmaking sphere should not come at the expense of our world at large. For the entire team at Aries Gold, maintaining a sustainable, ethical environment is a key mission, where we believe in a credo of watches looking good, and doing good.
The Winning Formula
For an ethical business environment to take shape, we extend our best both internally and externally. This has led to the creation of an all-inclusive, win-win framework that encompasses a 360-degree approach towards treating others with respect and empathy:
- 25% of our core management team comprises females.
- We are adopters of the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights.
- We have aligned ourselves with Civil Rights Defenders in the support of human rights and equality.
- Since 2015, we have instituted mandatory training on our Code of Ethics for all employees, in order to provide even better, customer-centric service.
- We have implemented a tough employee enculturation which is centered around ethics and accountability.
- All of our employment practices adhere to a strict code of employment benefits promoting mental health and work-life balance.
- We negotiate sustainable prices with our suppliers and business partners to maintain mutually beneficial business ties, where fair wages can be attained for all.
Our World, Our Duty
When it comes to our environment, we adopt a game-changing approach. Through collaboration with our business partners, we have reduced water wastage beyond the factory gates to ensure its responsible usage for the benefit of the world at large.
This mindset also carries through to power savings; each of our automatic timepieces are handmade and assembled by a dedicated watchmaking master, free from the use of machines. The resultant electricity savings amounted to a reduction of 24% in power consumption.
More than that, we have also cut down the use of power-intensive machinery in our manufacturing processes, instead switching to power-saving equipment or hand labour – preserving the cherished art of watchmaking, as well as our cherished environment.